How often do you read a newspaper?

Thursday 6 October 2011

Blogging and Ethics - YouTube

“As people individually and collectively progress the web, they’re increasingly in command…this is the new consumer power. It’s not the ability to swap suppliers at the click of a mouse…It’s the power to become the supplier – in effect to become an economic power themselves” (Tapscott and Willaims 2006). 
This is a short clip from YouTube which discusses if bloggers should stick to an ethical code when writing posts. I am an avid blogger, and since I have researched into the PCC I thought that this clip was very interesting and thought provoking. 
Personally I agree with what the clip states because this stops people from posting outrageous or false accusations, which causes a lot of legal battles. 
This can relate back to creating a website for my coursework since I will be posting daily and my articles will need to keep to an ethical code.

1 comment:

  1. Another good piece of evidence of the continual research that you are doing here Laura.

    ReplyDelete