How often do you read a newspaper?

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Flat Plans of the Newspaper

After thinking about my newspaper layout I have drawn a basic flat plan of the front cover.
The masthead is placed in the top left because I want it to be on of the first things my target audience notices. It brands the newspaper. My advert will be placed next to the masthead because this allows the main story to follow without being broken up by adverts, as my research suggests. I want my main image in the centre because this allows it to be dramatic and eye catching.
Twitter quotes and the small blurbs will be either side of the main image, and boarder the centre pieces, creating a sense of repetition and symmetry. The headline will be under the main image because the first emotional stimulant will come from the image, followed by the emotional language. 
I will either place secondary stories under this, or bullet points from the main story in the style of the i newspaper.

1 comment:

  1. A basic demonstration of your work on layout. Could be improved by discussing the choices you have made in reference to your target audience.

    ReplyDelete