How often do you read a newspaper?

Monday 5 March 2012

Advert 1

I opened a new photoshop document and changed the size settings to A6, the smallest possible size. This ensured I had some idea of size relation to other objects. 


I unlocked the background and used the gradient tool to create a sleek looking backdrop. I wanted a two tone gradient because it attracts the eye without ruining the message it will contain. The colour choice was simple, it had to be grey so it didn't stand out too much, taking the viewers attention from the stories, but still making the advert look attractive. 


I wanted to create an advert designed for my target audience and after much consulting with a focus group I chose to make an advert for a local clothes shop, '2 for 1' was the main idea. To get the token you have to buy the paper, therefore it is a nice incentive for my target audience to purchase my product. I used the type tool to make a large '2' and then selected this for a gradient change. This time I used the darker colour at the top to give contrast.


I wanted to make the 'for' very small, which emphasizes the '2' and '1'. I only used a white colour for this.

I made the '1' the same way I made the '2'.


I chose to follow along the same lines when typing the information as I did for the 'for'. This creates a sense of repetition. I made sure the text was central and in lineament of the numbers.


I added small line at the bottom to finish the add off. Personally I am very happy with this advert and it will sit nicely in my newspaper.


1 comment:

  1. Good evidence of your use of ICT for the task set here, demonstrating your creativity and ability within Photoshop. Please note that in your earlier blog posts about your adverts you had suggested that you would be creating colourful adverts.

    ReplyDelete