How often do you read a newspaper?

Thursday 2 February 2012

New Poster Flat Plans


I began drafting my new poster by drawing rough ideas on a piece of paper (shown below). I wanted something to link a local theme and merge it with a unique and interesting idea. I drew the Cornish flag along with Cornwall and thought about using a word cloud to create something unique to my newspaper. 


I kept the idea of Cornwall coming in from the top left. I added words around the outside to create a broader and my masthead up the top left. The tag line will create a sense of symmetry by being down the bottom right. I like this idea because its really simple but will stand out. The only problem is, its landscape rather than portrait which will affect where it can be placed in the real world. 


This was my last idea, to use the Cornish flag and fill the white with text from my articles and responses from feedback about my newspaper. I again used the masthead and tag line to create a sense of symmetry. I prefer this idea overall. 

1 comment:

  1. These flat plans look great Laura but you have not provided any information as to why you have redesigned them?

    ReplyDelete